Saturday, March 29, 2014

Dates For Oso Quilts and Drop Off Points in Washington State

Right now I am not going to set a hard to meet deadline, so this is what I have planned for delivery dates.

First drop off will be on April 5th if I have enough quilts to deliver, if not I am shooting for a delivery date of April 19th as I expect by then I will have lots to deliver.

If you live in the Washington state area near or north of Seattle, you can drop off quilts to the following:

Town Square Fabric and Yarn
445 SW 152nd Street
Burien
Tell Christina or Cynthia they are for Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 Oso quilt drive and they will hold them.

If you live closer to the Oso area or Canada, you may drop them off with:
Mary Udman at the Skagit Valley YMCA
215 E Fulton Street
Mt. Vernon

In the Centralia/Chehalis Area there are two drop off points:
Sisters Fabric
476 N. Market Street
Chehalis 
Tell Jody or Bobbi they are for Oso

Quilters Junction
1728 Gold Street
Centralia

**IMPORTANT REMINDER**
These people lost their homes, their families and their loved ones, they do not want your junk, your garbage, your torn, stained, frayed, cigarette smelling dog won't have it blankets.

I am accepting new handmade quilts not used, not store purchased, but lovingly made quilts or knitted or crocheted blankets.  If upon sorting through the quilts I find junk, they will be put in the garbage where they belong.

I say this because it happens during every disaster, people pay good money to mail garbage and that is sad.  It is about making them smile if even for a moment, not making them think we are in more need than they are!
 

5 comments:

  1. Jean. i'm clearing out quilt inventory of new unused quilts. i've got your mailing address from the Martingale email. will put a box in the mail tuesday. thanks for doing this.
    maggie
    mageez.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean,
    Do you have plans for any May delivery dates. I want to make one or more quilts but am short on time.
    Joanie
    jmvanderpol@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can deliver 2 to Burien on Friday, 4/18. I wanted to check to see if these sizes would be OK : 45 1/2 x 51" and 55x67" (not bed size, 1st one bright, for baby or youth, 2nd one floral /adult) as well as to see if that would catch your pick-up at Town Square Fabric/Yarn. LMK please. maryts@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean; I have a baby quilt almost completed and I am hoping that it can still be distributed even though it is after your deadline. My husband is a tax acct and I work in his office, so had to squeeze the quilt making in between tax stuff; just have the binding to hand-sew and will mail 2-day priority to you by the end of the week. Will this be okay? Thank you for doing this distribution and coordinating; what a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn Todd, Police Dispatcher, Snopac911May 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM

    Thank you so much for the BEAUTIFUL quilts!!! They are all so amazing I don't know how I'll ever decide! What you all do is just so heart-warming! :)

    ReplyDelete

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!