The counts of how many are missing change frequently, the count of how many are gone change frequently, but hope is not gone and we can give this community back hope.
Here are some questions I can answer as to what we are in need of:
- Quilts from toddler size to double bed size, must be handmade/machine made, any color, any pattern. Sizes should be at least:
- Baby sizes 42 x 42
- Toddler sizes 52 x 52
- Twin Size 68 x 86
- Full Size 78 x 86
- Unknown how many exactly are needed so I am shooting for between 300 & 500, if it changes I will update this site.
- Can we send them to Oso? No, they are under mud, debris, the highway is blocked and we do not want to hamper emergency rescue and clean up, so send them to me.
- Do I have to send more than one quilt? Absolutely NOT!!
- Are you non-profit? No, however I am registered under Washington State Charities Program so I am very legit!
- Can I help in other ways? Yes, right now white on white fabric is needed, postage for those that want to make quilts but cannot afford to send then is needed.
- How can I donate quilts? Where do I send them to? When they are ready to be mailed, email me or leave a comment here and I will send you my address.
- How can I donate postage? You can donate through the donation buttons on the right side of the blog or you can send a money order to the person in need after they have shown me proof of mailing.
- How do I know you aren't keeping these for yourself or to sell? Because I would have no reason to keep over 300 quilts and I can assure you the quilts we say we sent have been sent!
- I can't quilt, knit, crochet or send money, can I still help? You can let others know about this, you can pray and you can send cards and letters of encouragement.