Friday, March 28, 2014

My Sincere and Humble Apologies To All New Comers

I have been raising quilts and making quilts for 911 dispatchers and their families since 2005.  A very long time.  Very rarely do I allow myself to deviate from that calling.

However, when Aurora, Colorado happened, we made and sent quilts to not only the dispatch department but many of the survivors and first responders.

When 19 young men in Arizona died fighting a wildfire, we made and sent quilts to their family members and some are still being made.

The only time I ask for contributions is when I get a back glut of quilts piled up and have no extra funds to pay for postage or during a disaster like the Oklahoma tornadoes where I have a quilter with a quilt or two or three and they need help paying for postage.

I am not doing this to scam someone or lie to anyone. You can check out our Facebook page and look at posts here of quilts we send out and families that receive them. Not to mention this is a true labor of love, I make no money doing this, I do not get paid, I do it because I want to let people know we care.

However, it has come to my attention that my Go Fund Me campaign shows a date of January 2014 and someone questioned my integrity and trust me those of you who know me well, know how much I appreciate this because I don't want anyone thinking I am not helping those I say I am.

So, I set up an Ongoing campaign to raise money to help pay to ship quilts off and have money when a quilter needs help with postage.

HOWEVER and this is IMPORTANT, I must specify an amount to raise so I put in an arbitrary number because I can't put on going which Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 is an ongoing blessing and love to those unseen heroes.

When the landslide hit so close to home (I am about 2.5 hours away and have family near the area), I said I want to help and I sent out a call for quilts and edited my Go Fund Me page to get word out, I never once gave a thought to the date on the page.

So.....To help clear somethings up:
  •  NO, I am NOT a mind reader and can't predict the future.
  • No I am not a scam artist located in some foreign country.
  • Yes, I would prefer quilts to cash, but if you want to donate cash it will be used to get quilts to me and for me to get them to Oso.
  • Yes, I seriously appreciate someone questioning this so I can clear the confusion up.
  • No, I am not going to stop making quilts for dispatchers, I will do so when there is a need, but I WILL NOT use a quilt donated for OSO for that purpose.
  •  Yes, I could go in and quickly start another page for Oso, Washington but what would be the point? Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 makes quilts for those unseen heroes, we always will have a need for quilts, for fabric, for postage and I would never ever do anything to bring what my integrity or my family shame.
  • When everyone has received a quilt, I can assure you whether I have $1, $100 or $500 left over from donations to help OSO, that money will be given to OSO.
  • I am one person here, me. I ask quilters for help and they give quilts and sometimes people donate money and that money goes back to get quilts out.
So to the person who questioned the date on the campaign I just want to say thank you. Thank you for questioning this, if it is important enough for you to ask, it is most definitely important for me to respond!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!