Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Quilters Still Needed Camp Fire First Responders

I cannot thank the quilters that have stepped up enough and sent quilts out to first responding families in need. The generosity has warmed my hearts and their lives!

So far, we have covered 4 complete families, have more quilts enroute to cover another 6 families and that totals up to about 25 quilts sent thus far.

 Here are just 2 of the several I have received pictures of. This family lost everything they owned, there is nothing left. They were blessed with a 5th wheel to call home at this time, but look at those 2 little babies so happy to have their own quilts, how can you not smile when you see such peace on a child's face?


This young lady loves Hawaii and wanted a quilt that reminded her of the ocean. The quilter that sent her this one happens to live in Honolulu and you cannot get any closer to Hawaii than receiving a quilt from a Hawaiian quilter, what a blessing!

I have a need for more quilts, because slowly but surely the word is getting around that first responders matter.  There was a quilt giveaway in Chico and sadly, those quilts went very quickly and that is why I do what I do.

I reach out to the departments in the area and I ask for names and contacts of people we can send quilts to...fire fighters, CHP, police officers, EMT's, 911 operators, we give and we give with our hearts.

Right now I am looking for a quilter who has made an animal print large quilt for a bed that may have it just on a shelf waiting for that someone special. Why? Because I have an animal control officer that has been working daily since the fires to feed, water and rescue animals left behind by families. I am told she LOVES animals, so it doesn't matter if the quilt has tigers or cows on it, show me what you have and lets bless her socks off!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!