Saturday, December 22, 2018

More Quilts Needed

If you are reading this post, I pray that you will download and copy this flier and take into your local quilt and yarn shops and ask them to just post it so other people can contact me for how to get a quilt to a survivor.

Also, if you live along the I-5 corridor or know of a quilt shop along the I-5 corridor between Olympia, WA and Redding, CA. please have them post it and collect quilts for our first responders as I am planning a trip near the end of January or February.

While the Layers of Hope Quilting 911 logo is copyrighted in the state of Washington, I am granting people person to copy this to post where it will do the most good. Your quilt shops, your churches, etc..

At this time, we have completely covered 6 families with 26 quilts and still have many more to get quilts to. If you have freshly made quilts or quilts that have never been used sitting on a shelf and you keep saying you don't know what to do with them, open your heart and send it to a first responder who lost everything in the fires.

Just because the news and media are not covering these fires, the celebrities are not reaching out to these victims, does NOT mean we can't reach out and help them!

These people did NOT just lose their homes, they lost homes, vehicles, jobs, their towns, schools, hospital, try wrapping your mind around the total devastation and how many people are without.

Quilters have hearts and souls and we reach out. Please, help us get quilts to those in need.

Please understand these quilts go to first responders only..fire fighters, police officers, ambulance drivers, CHP, Cal Fire personnel and THEIR family members.  I do NOT accept quilts for anyone else.

If you know of quilt shops along I-5, they will need to contact me so I can stop by on my way to Paradise. They can email me or go to Layers of Hope Quilting 911 and leave a message!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!