Monday, January 18, 2016

Crocheted Blessings

My grandmother was an amazing seamstress and I am pretty sure she could create amazing things with her eyes closed when given yarn and a crochet needle.

However, I did not receive those blessings, but I know she would be proud of me for teaching myself to make scarves and hats and she would love my quilts.

I was so excited at Christmas when my son's girlfriend picked out an amazing gift for me and that was a yarn/needle/scissor holder that fits neatly next to the couch and keeps all my little projects in one place.

The yarn she purchased for me was this wonderful soft and very expensive varigated yarn that I made a scarf with.

I have made 3 Dallas Cowboy beanies for my son and 2 of his children and they love them and a beanie for my youngest granddaughter and she wears it to school everyday.

I do not think I will ever be able to make afghans like grammy did, but yesterday at church I learned we are working with a group at the end of this month that will be handing things like this out to the homeless in our area.

I know since my son is homeless these people will appreciate anything they can get to keep them warmer when they are having to brave the elements.
Christmas Yarn Scarf

Purple Scarf

Shoulder Shawl
 I am still quilting and accepting quilts for our 911 'unseen heroes,' but this allows me to keep my hands busy at night while watching television with the grands and give back to those that don't have as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!