Monday, March 3, 2014

A Thank You Wall Hanging

I will never forget the longing I felt and the need to get to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005. As a 911 operator at the time, I just felt compelled to go help do what I could, but the Lord had other plans for our lives so my husband suggested I start quilting.

Over eight years later, here we are as Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 reaching out to those unseen heroes in need to warm them with a quilt or a card to cheer them up.

However, none of this would have been possible had a very special man by the name of Kevin had not agreed to help me get the quilts to New Orleans, help me find the people in need and as someone who still has both of his feets, his hands and his heart in the 911 arena, he keeps us up to date on needs when they come to him.

I thought it was time to thank him with a wall quilt of his very own:

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!