Monday, June 24, 2013

Calgary Canada Needs Us!

Many of us do not realize how wonderful kind and giving our neighbors are to the north of us, but so many times when I have asked for quilts to be donated, it is the quilters from Canada who step up first.

Calgary was and is flooded and while the water is receding, many people lost their homes.  How devastating it must have been for the family that watched in horror on television as their home went sailing under the overpass and was destroyed completely off its foundation.

There is a huge need for quilts in Calgary right now and here is what I will do.  If anyone of you do not want to spend or cannot afford to spend the money for postage to send a quilt to Canada, you can Email me for my address.

You can send the quilt(s) to me and I will contact someone in Calgary to meet me in Washington state and I will personally hand deliver these quilts.  If I cannot do that, my husband has a passport and I will have him drive them over to Calgary himself.

If you can, here is what I got from Marilyn over at North Hills Quilter:

Calgary Canada has been inundated with flooding and many are displaced. Shipping isn't cheap, so if you don't want to pay for postage to Canada, please let me know, you can send it to me and I will mail it for you. If you want to send a quilt to Calgary, here is the address:
For anyone wanting to donate quilts to those affected in the Calgary and Canmore area by the recent flooding please send your donations to:

"Quilting for Calgary"
38 Rockbluff Close NW,
Calgary, AB T3G 5B1

Please be aware it will be several days before your donations can be distributed as many of our roads are still closed and we are being asked by officials to stay home.

Many of our evacuees are still in the process of being moved/shuffled to other facilities as officials learn where needs can best be met so we are still in a state of flux. Donations will be distributed as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity.

** Also, I do not have a passport but if Calgary residents want to meet me in Washington, when quilts are gathered I will get them as close to the border as I can!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!