Monday, January 5, 2015

Urgent Quilt Needs...Homes Lost


Just over a year ago my family moved from Aberdeen, WA to our current home about an hour away. Aberdeen is located in Grays Harbor County and for the last 24 hours, our entire SW coastal area has been hit with over 4" of rain.  Yes, I said 4" and it is still coming down hard!

I just received word that this morning one of the hills in the area that have homes near it, slid and took at least 4 homes out. Others have been mandated to evacuate.

Aberdeen school district is closed today due to road flooding and landslides into Aberdeen and throughout the area.  Pray for my husband who works in the area to be safe and all those that have to work in this mess as the hills can slide without any advanced notice!

I need adult sized quilts ASAP for these families that are now displaced out of their homes. We do not need infant or baby quilts, but adult sized...at least twin sized right away.

For those unfamiliar with this area, Grays Harbor has the highest unemployment in the state of Washington at 10.6%, there are no jobs and with all this rain, I am not sure anyone will be allowed to rebuild.

Please, if you can help these people at all, send quilts to:
Jean Kester
18740 Ivan Street SW
Rochester, WA  98579

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!