Saturday, September 13, 2014

Many Still In Tents

Imagine how your life is right now at this very moment. Life is pretty good for most of us, we have a roof over our heads, warmth when it is cold, an oven to cook with, a fridge to keep food safe and cold.

Now look at this picture and imagine you just lost everything you owned and this is where you are living. If you don't think it can happen to you, you had better think again.

This year, I met some amazing people I would never have met had it not been for that blink of an eye life change and a mountain sliding down and burying people, animals and possessions.

Then there was the eastern Washington wild fires where again in the blink of an eye, people lost everything and that is what this post is about. The people who I just discovered are still homeless and many are living in tents.

The one pictured above is my grandsons, but I can tell you, I don't care how big it is, it is still a tent and winter for these people is right around the corner and I am talking cold wet rain, hail, snow and they are living in tents.

Now, we can't help them with housing, but we can sure help them keep a bit warmer by sending quilts that are thick and warm and large enough to snuggle under or put under a sleeping bag or inside or around a sleeping bag.

I just received information that there are many people homeless and living in tents in the area. I said tents, NOT FEMA trailers that are enclosed, but tents!

Last I heard about this area, our governor was appealing the decision from FEMA to NOT help these residents.

These are proud people, living in a very small community that helps each other out, but they do not have the ability to check into a hotel or rent an apartment, the area isn't built like that!

Please, if you can, mail me some quilts. I hope to deliver by mid October and right now, we are short by at least 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!