Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Latest Update From Washington Wildfires

This information came to me from someone that lives in the area and is doing my work for me in getting information. Please understand we have a dire need for new quilts but no baby quilts right now.

'OK, I visited the fire station in Leavenworth today, Chelan County Fire District 3, and here is the information they gave me. Chelan County District 3, 4, and 9 are involved in the Chiwaukum Creek/Leavenworth area fire fighting, in addition to numerous others from Kennewick, Vashon Island, Seattle, Monroe, the Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Natural Resourses and State Mobilization. Also there are 110 National Guardsmen here, with an additional 220 Guardsmen currently in training to be dispatched here. Personally, I have also seen crews from Oregon and Montana. It appears there are too many to mention. The staff I spoke with in Leavenworth said that Pateros is in dire need of generosity and donations of all kinds. They (Pateros) have two law enforcement officers that lost their homes in the fire.'

The address to mail them to is:
Jean Kester
18740 Ivan Street SW
Rochester, WA  98579 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!