Friday, May 23, 2014

Thanks to Bobbin Central and The Sewing Machine Doctor, I Finished One for Oso

I wish I could say I am as speedy as you all have been amazing, however, I have had some issues and completing this quilt has been a chore.

First, my thread kept breaking and snapping and finally, I took it in for repair. Out it came $100 worth of cleaning (literally they dug out about a large sponge sized wad of thread and dust, a broken needle part and just cleaned it good.

Of course I was admonished for sewing over needles, then told them I do not use needles in my quilts, however my bobbin cover was bent and the needle broke when it hit. I thought I had removed it, but guess not.

Then the lecture of pull through the needle after cutting, not up through the machine, I knew that but I don't always follow, guess I will now.

Bring it in more frequently instead of once every 4 years or so...I will from now on out.

So I get it home and start quilting and pop, snap, break goes the thread again, over and over and I adjust the needle tension, check the bobbin and decide to change the top thread.  Voila!!

I changed from Sulky to Glide Trilobal Polyester top thread and my machine hummed along like a kitty purring after it drank a bowl of cream.

Don't get me wrong, I have purchased Sulky thread for years, but recently my machine has come to not like it at all. So someone recommended Glide and I tried it and love it!

Like the name, it glides through my sewing machine and is virtually lint free which will help when I get it cleaned to keep the dust down.  

What is even better for me, is they are manufactured by Fil-Tec/Bobbin Central and are made in the United States and the large spool cost $7.20 and for me, that is definitely a bargain when I was spending that for smaller spools.

They also sell pre-wound bobbin thread, however, I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say how it works,  but according to many testimonials it is also good to have around especially for your long arm machine.

**I have not been contacted by Bobbin Central, Glide or Fil-Tec to do an endorsement. I am doing this endorsement because I simply believe in this product and the fact it is American made makes it even better!**



No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!