Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Helping Oso Families Out in A Big Way

All of you have been amazing, wonderful, fantastic, awesome, helpful and oh so loving to give your hard work and talents to the families and first responders of Oso.

I can personally tell you for those I have met on my journey to deliver quilts, it is more appreciated than you will ever know. When the tears flow, you know you touched someone's heart!

On May 31st, Oso Caring is holding a benefit to raise money for the survivors as well as to honor those first responders and volunteers who worked so hard during this crisis.

There will be entertainment, a meal and silent and live auctions and it is my goal to go and hug some of these people in person as well as to hand off quilts to many.

I have also made the decision that I will be donating a few of the magnificent quilts I have received to be auctioned off. I believe that by doing so, Oso can be blessed in yet another amazing way by Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 and its quilters.

I will take pictures of the quilts I donate, I will take pictures when they are presented and I will do my best if I can keep up to let you know how much money these quilts raised to help Oso!

I hope this plan does not offend anyone as it is not my purpose to do anything but bless this community, this ministry and you by doing what I feel would be best!



I am not usually very hard to find, so if you live the area or in Washington or Oregon and want to be involved, come up a enjoy the day, some music and a meal and don't forget to bid generously!

If you are planning on being in the area, look for me and let me know you are one of my quilters, I would love to say hello and thank you for all you have done!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!