Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Latest Update on Quilt Needs

First and foremost let me say I am so thankful and grateful to all of those who have stepped up and said yest, they will make quilts, please know you are such a blessing to the families and to me.  

Second, I want you to know I have also adopted several of the family members and have spent most of the past week between my sewing machine and my computer making sure everyone gets a quilt and that my friends is where it gets complicated.

I cannot tell you who to make the quilt for if you have decided to make it for someone else and I understand those people who know some of the men and have worked with some of them wanting to take those and I say quilt where your heart leads you.

However, if you ask me for a family and then come back and tell me you want a different one, I can only tell you that many of the families are already adopted and all of the children are, but if you absolutely want to make them another one, I cannot stop you from going where your heart leads you, but I want you to think about perhaps also making a quilt for the original family you were assigned.

If you cannot do this, I understand, but my keeping everyone assigned does get a bit sticky at that time when I am pulling you off another family member.

I am NOT the boss, a bully or a leader, I am the facilitator nothing more and nothing less and I facilitate so everyone receives at least one quilt.  Please know I am just helping ensure we get everyone covered so one family doesn't wind up with 50 and another family nothing.

Here are the family members I have left:

Dustin Deford - 8 siblings

Travis Carter - His wife Krista **Thank you Pat!**

Scott Norris - Heather his girlfriend

Wade Parker - Alicia his fiancee and his dad Captain Wade Parker Chino Valley Fire Department **Taken by Carmen a neighbor!**

Garrett Zuppinger - Dad Bryan

Eric Marsh - His Parents

Chris Mackenzie - His mom Lauri

Grant McKee - His dad G. Scott McKee, Fiancee Leah Fine and his grandparents

If there is someone here I assigned you and has already been taken thank you, just let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Jean, I could do another one. I'll take Krista Carter - I've got almost all the blocks done in some cute Bonnie & Camille girly fabric so that would probably work well for a lady. Unless you have someone else you want to assign me to. Email me the particulars of where to send, etc.

    Pat C. in Auburn, WA

    ReplyDelete

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!