Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Another Quilt Completed and Headed Home Today


This is the quilt I put together for John Percin Jr.'s brother Bobby thanks to the wonderful donation of the quilt top from Pat West over at 501Quilt Blocks, all I had to do was add a back, binding and do some quilting!

When I saw this green and blue fleece it just whispered to me, this is what Oregon looks like, this is the green trees the Granite Mountain Hotshots were protecting and since John's family lives near Portland, I knew this was befitting a young man.

I did some stitching between the squares and was pleased with the outcome on the back and added the blue binding to complement the front.

I can't thank all of you enough for reaching out and donating.

We still have more pictures I need to receive, I am still waiting to hear about more being sent out and we desperately still need 35 more quilts!

Please if you can't send a quilt, please consider donating a few dollars that will be used for postage.  This week alone, I have 3 boxes that need to go out and I know others that are sending 2, 3 or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!