Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Beautiful Quilt Story

An Unknown History Makes For a Great Future For This Quilt
The above quilt is just gorgeous. It screams sunshine and summer to me and it is amazing in its size and up close is all hand pieced.

What makes this quilt so special? Because it was discovered by Alex of San Francisco who is a new resident of the United States from England at a place called SCRAP.

From what I read, SCRAP (Scroungers Center for Reusable Arts Parts) is truly an artists paradise with all kinds of amazing things that have been recycled from fabric to paper to wood, etc.

Alex was wandering through SCRAP one day and stumbled upon this quilt top buried under some 'stuff,' she carefully uncovered it and told me she just could not allow it to sit there and go to waste.

Alex brought it home, washed it, adding batting, backing and binding and shipped it out to Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 via the H2H Charity Quilt drive of 2015.

We have been blessed this year to be one of the accepted charities and while I have received a few already this year, I have only received two that have come with a story.  

When the recipient for this one is chosen, they will receive a copy of the letter Alex sent to me outlining the history of this quilt. It will have quite a story to tell!

2 comments:

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!