Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Quilt and A Very Special Thank You

I just finished this quilt about 10 minutes ago. Tomorrow I will pack it up and get it shipped out.  For now, all quilts are completed and caught up on so I can now begin the arduous task of getting another 400 quilts in to take to eastern Washington.   I leave next Friday with a load of around 65.

This quilt is for a dispatcher in Illinois that was in a hit and run motorcycle accident. I hope it brings him warmth and comfort.



I do not know if any of you caught the short blurb in the October issue of Women's Day magazine about our quilting? It was pretty short and didn't really convey what we do, but it got our name out there.

Today, I received the following note that was forwarded to me by the editor of Woman's Day and I thought I would share the heart of a dispatcher:

'I was reading the October issue of woman's day and on page 12 came across something I found super cool. Jean Kester from Rochester, WA wrote that she makes quilts for 911 dispatchers to ensure that these unseen heroes are never forgotten. That nearly brought a tear to my eye as I've been a dispatcher for 16 years and many people don't ever acknowledge that we exist. If you have the means to send a thank you to Jean from me that would be fantastic. Although I've never received oneof her lovely quilts, I appreciate her efforts to never forget us.'
 
Thanks,
Anisha, Roseville, Ca
 
So you see, WE do make a difference even in the lives of someone who has never received a quilt from our organization!  The thanks go out to all of you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!