Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Another Journey to Oso

I really need to be in bed right now as I have another long day tomorrow as I drive up to Oso and the area to drop quilts off for first responders, volunteers and family members and my back is seriously killing me, but I had cut out paper hearts that we put on the quilts.

Perhaps you recognize one of the quilts below. These are just a few of the over 100 quilts I am taking up with us tomorrow, as well as 62 fleece blankets, 3 quilts to donate to Oso Cares which will auction them off to make money for the survivors and the Oso Fire Department.

I have tried to get a local newspaper, radio station or even local television to follow me around and see all the beautiful quilts I am passing out thanks to all of you, but for some reason, they don't seem to be interested in what I am doing to help bring comfort to the area.

At least my husband and children have been helpful, removing seats out of my van, carrying boxes, loading boxes and doing all the things I can't.  I am blessed to have such a great family and to have such wonderful quilters in my life to help those in need!

This has paperdoll clothing on it, who remembers Paper Dolls?

Perfect for a firefighter

Beautiful colors, beautiful quilt

Yes, we take knitted and crocheted blankets!

This one is called Fractured

Who can resist this adorable flower?  Not me!

This one reminds me of braided bread

 I am still collecting quilts and will be until we are told to stop or no more show up at my door or the quilt shops are empty, until that time, I am going to continue to make the journey up to Oso about every 2 weeks or so.

Blessings to all!
 

1 comment:

  1. I have several quilts boxed and ready to go, Ijust need a mailing address. Thanks
    bjwalsh101@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!