Saturday, August 31, 2013

Using Etsy To Support Layers of Hope

Yesterday I completed this Christmas Tree skirt and decided to open an Etsy shop, though I must admit, I have no clue to what I am doing!

The purpose is to be able to make and sell quilts, holiday items, fabrics or scraps because they pile up faster than my dirty dishes do (HAHA!) and be able to have money available for the things this team will need in the future.

Team, we are all a team and I am beginning to consider so many of you my dear friends, but we all come to a time in our lives when we may have the time to make a quilt, but no stash left for fabric and I want to be able to send you that fabric to make a quilt for someone in need.

You may have a quilt but no batting and I want to be able to send you the batting and be that blessing to you so you can bless someone else.

Recently we had an amazing person step up and tell me she was going to put some money aside to help support this quilt drive for Granite Mountain Hotshots with postage.  How awesome it felt to tell a quilter who had completed a quilt, that yes, we could cover the postage.

I want to be able to have a shelving unit or even a storage unit where I can put quilts during down time that are sent to me up for the next disaster or need.  How awesome would it be to go to a place and take 5, 10 or even 20 quilt and mail them off?

So, I have been working on a business plan, talking with the SBA to see which is better, Non-Profit, Not for Profit, LLC or Sole Proprietor as each has good points and not so good...tax filings are one of the not so good because there is a lot of work to it, but that is why the SBA has so many people that can answer those questions.

I have contacted someone who is going to design a logo for me that we (you are all a part of the team when you mail quilts for Layers of Hope) can use on our quilt labels, I will have thank you cards and business cards printed out and then....well, I am not going to spoil all the plans.

You have all stepped up in amazing ways and how I wish I could meet you face to face and give you hugs!  You helped quilt an entire dispatch center during Aurora and then more for others touched by that tragedy.

You have helped quilt for Granite Mountain and so many of you who have received quilts have paid it forward with quilts for Oklahoma!

Thank you all!  I hope to be able to continue this effort when there is a need!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From head to heart to hands, I quilt! I May Only Be One Person, But Together We Can Make A Difference. Bless you for stopping by!